hot mess with jess:
tuesdays at 7:30pm in new york city
When you’re falling apart. When the world is falling apart. When your room, brain, emotions, relationships, [fill in the blank], feel like a HOT MESS... At least there’s DANCE.
And what I’ve always learned from dance is that it heals. One step at a time, movement shifts us. One sweat at a time, movement cleanses us. One expression at a time, movement creates through us, and frees us to recreate our world.
In honor of the hot mess in my life – and maybe in yours – the class structure will change according to the mood, the dancers who show up, and the intuitive understanding of what’s most needed for all of us.
here's what you get:
in this class, you can expect a mix of:
- jazzy, modern, ballet-style warm up moves
- guided improvisation for finding and freeing your own unique movement
- fun, sometimes spontaneous choreography
- linking words, writing, drawing to our movement
- laughing, crying, meeting people who "get it"
1-hour dance class for
$20* drop-in | $95* class series
*25% of proceeds will benefit the Hurricane Irma Relief Fund so that your dance can help support the clean-up of our global hot mess
Keystone Studio: 252 W. 30th St. #4-B, near 8th Ave